Triphala – 250 gr
Boite de 250 grammes
Triphala, three fruits in Sankrit, is one of the most used remedies in India and in Ayurveda for the following virtues:
– Promotes transit, digestion and elimination.
– Stimulates the intestinal flora.
– Refines the silhouette and promotes weight loss (decongesting tissues: obesity, edema).
– Purifies the skin, skin diseases (very good blood purifier).
– Good for the eyes.
– Allows the body to better develop its fever to accelerate healing.
– Good general rejuvenator.
– Good for type II diabetes treatment.
It is a blend of three fruits beneficial for the rebalancing of internal functions and doshas: amalaki, haritaki and vibhitaki. Each one acts in complement of the two others:
– Amalaki regulates dosha Pitta mainly (although it is Tridoshaghna: balances all three doshas), it promotes good gastrointestinal health of the body and allows a pleasant digestion as well as a general refreshment of the body through the blood.
– Haritaki regulates the three doshas by activating and regulating the intestinal transit and the appetite.
– The Vibhitaki soothes Kâpha and Pitta and promotes digestion and elimination, for a general well-being felt quickly.
Triphala is a transit regulator: it acts gently on the intestinal transit, without irritating the colon or inducing addiction, even if used regularly, which makes it a remedy of choice to relieve constipation and the transit too fluid and odorous. It is to be avoided in case of chronic intestinal disease (must be carefully dosed), of colon disease (diverticula). During pregnancy, it must be well dosed.
It is a slimming asset: by its targeted action, it contributes to the elimination of toxins and lipids, which helps to lose weight.
For a body in good shape: it alsos promote the increase of red blood cells, thus improving the oxygenation of the body. The presence of antioxidants (in the form of tannins) in the composition of this mixture allows to reinforce the immune system’s defenses and to prevent aging and diseases.
Triphala purifies the skin: its action on the liver and the intestine allows to clean and purify the body, which contributes to its good functioning. This detoxifying action also has a positive effect on the appearance of the skin.
– Rasa (goût) : sweet, bitter, sour, pungent and astringent.
– Guṇa (qualité) : light.
– Vīrya (énergie) : neither hot nor cold.
– Vipāka (résultat) : pungent.
Amalaki* – India
Vibhitaki* – India
Haritaki* – India
*: : from organic farming
For transit regulation:
Mix ½ teaspoon of Triphala powder in the morning with 1/2 glass of boiling water, steep for ten minutes. Drink lukewarm at once, in the morning on an empty stomach or in the evening at bedtime.
As a rejuvenator:
1/2 teaspoon in 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of ghee; make a paste, melt in the mouth and swallow with warm tea.
To strengthen hair:
Make a paste with water, apply to scalp; wait one hour; then rinse and wash with shampoo.