Transit is only a reflection of our good intestinal hygiene. Dravata, ‘fluidity’, is a synergy of herbs suitable for different types of constipation, in particular, excess and obstructions caused by vāta (air and ether); Āma which is produced from the stomach and the beginning of the duodenum (Āmāśaya). It is a heavy liquid that increases irritation on the tissues (dhātu) and obstructs the channels of exchange and nutritions. This causes indigestion with accumulation of toxins. Dravata decreases pitta and regulates it by activating vāta in its apāna form.
- Our freshness envelope, despite resembling plastic, is made from cellulose therefore compostable.
- Our teabags and string are also compostable.
- Our tag is made from recyclable PEFC™ paper.
Note: we sell the majority of our infusions only in tea bags and not in bulk. The difference in density of the ingredients would make the heavier ones fall to the bottom of the container. Thus, the mixture would lose its homogeneity and the medicinal proportions would not be preserved.
Based on the principles of Ayurvedic herbalism or “Dravya Guṇa“, Dravata is a synergy of plants that promotes transit. This preparation decreases Pitta and regulates Vāta in its Apāna form.
Common chicory* – France
Alder buckthorn* – France
Fennel* – France
Rosemary* – France
Amla* – Sri Lanka / India
Marsh mallow* – Croatia
Haritaki* – India
Ginger* – Indonesia
Fumitory* – France
Long pepper* – Sri Lanka / Nepal
*: From organic farming
– Rasa (taste): sweet, bitter and sour with a slight pungent aftertaste.
– Guṇa (quality): balanced, neither light nor heavy, dry nor unctuous.
– Vīrya (energy): cooling.
– Vipāka (result): pungent.
Use one tea bag of Dravata for 200ml of boiling water.
Steep 10 to 12 minutes.
Drink one to three cups a day.
To enhance the effect, you may add a teaspoon of raisins. Let them swell in the hot brew and eat them after your tea.
• Chew your food.
• During meals, focus exclusively on eating.
• Make sure your previous meal is digested before eating.
• Learn to breathe fully, and exercise daily.